||Oracle Tips by Burleson
Oracle installation Database-Specific Topics
There are numerous database-specific questions to answer before
- What is the number and size of database tablespaces? What is
file placement? How many potential applications? How will extent
management for tablespaces be handled (dictionary or local
- What are the SGA issues?
- What is the number of users, administrative, developer, and
- What is the number and placement of control files?
- What is the number and placement of redo logs?
- What is the number and placement of rollback segments? Will
new UNDO tablespaces be used?
- Will this database be shared between multiple instances
- Will this database be distributed?
- Should the tools be linked single-task or independent
- Do we need to plan for external Oracle-managed files or
BFILE external files?
Let’s examine each of these as they relate to installation of
What Is the Number and Size of Database Tablespaces? What Is File
Placement, the Number of Potential Applications?
Expert Remote DBA
BC is America's oldest and largest Remote DBA Oracle support
provider. Get real Remote DBA experts, call
BC Remote DBA today.